Saturday, July 4, 2009

Merriweather Post Pavilion Art

I am in love with color, and lots of it, solely because of Animal collective and their recent album, Merriweather Post Pavilion.

first there is the eye tantalizing cover


then their is their first video for 'My Girls'



and then there is the first single for 'Summertime Clothes'. I could stare at this for hours.



and then there is the video for 'Summertime Clothes' with many dancers, balls of light, excellent textiles, and of course colorful light!





I must admit, that the sounds and colors of this album are so complementing. a full frontal on your ears and eyes. if only I could get to one of their shows these days :(

2 comments:

  1. i made fun of the MPP album art so hard at first because it was such a blatant copy of a classic optical illusion from any psych textbook, but it's grown on me.

    as for the rest of the things here you cited, BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude, i really didnt like it at first too, nor the album! but fuck first impression at times i guess :-)

    ReplyDelete