Sunday, July 12, 2009

Belle and Sebastian

its summertime here in japan. the rain has for the most part stopped. the humidity is.... well slightly less than its soup-iness of months past. and its time to listen to belle and sebastian again.

i have a love hate relationship with this band. I am sorry to admit that, but i can only listen to this band when i really feel like being a bright sun-shinny individual. other times, i just find the stuart's voice annoying and it silly pop music. i know this is truly telling you more about me than the music, but I cannot describe how good it feels to walk to school, in the warm sun, and to hear this band in my ears. I just randomly started thinking about this band on the way to school. some song of 'the life pursuit' and i hadn't listened to it in about 7 months. and it felt so fresh and new and warm and happy and oh my goodness it felt so good.



me: "i really feel like listening to the life pursuit today"
tori (smirking and with great half serious disdain):" its ALWAYS the life pursuit in my car..."

what else needs to be said. its making me dream of love and beautiful girls. for some reason this music and them are one in the same in my mind. thank you summer. thank you stuart.

2 comments:

  1. every time i listen to Belle i TRANSFORM into a "bright sun-shinny individual" whether i want to or not...

    ReplyDelete
  2. every time i listen to dear catastrophe waitress i transform into a wistful bubble of restrained exuberance. every time i listen to judy and the dream of horses / if you're feeling sinister (song) i transform into a melancholy bubble of bittersweet nostalgia (for events that never actually happened)

    did that make sense?

    ReplyDelete